General PrinciplesIn additon to outstanding short term performance our products develop and enhance the usable soil profile and provide long term benefits as well.
Restoring the correct balance and activity of soil microorganisms is crucial for expanding crop and pasture production.
All soil contains microbial activity to some degree. However high producing soils contain a higher proportion of certain groups of microbes and much greater activity levels.
All of our commercial crop and pasture products are designed to stimulate soil microbial activity in addition to their primary function eg grass growth. Our products create high yielding disease suppressive soil conducive to profitable agricultural production.
Biohelp products contain or stimulate several groups of soil microrganisms known for their ability to:
- suppress disease organisms and pests.
- produce proteins, hormones and sugars that feed and stimulate plant growth.
- optimise natural decomposition of dung and organic plant tissues into high quality humus compounds. It has been proven that some soil microbes are more efficient than others at creating compounds ( eg.humus) that will retain all the nutrients in dung and urine. Without these organisms up to 50% of the Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium returned in the dung and urine will be lost. A 400kg Steer will produce - 64KgN, 40KgP and 50KgK in one year. Retaining all of this is possible. The nutrients stored in dung and organic matter become available for plant growth more rapidly. This facilitates a reduction in fertilizer expenditure without compromising growth.
- fix nitrogen into plant available compounds.
- Produce gums and resins that help bind soil aggregates together creating better soil profiles.
- Increase soil temperatures We have also recorded temperature increases in the soil profile of 2.5 C in as little as 10 weeks.
- Increase soil depth. We regularly measure 3-5cm/Yr but have had as high as 15cm.
- Aerate the soil.
- Help plants utilise soil nutrient reserves more efficiently.
Does your soil need our products?Answer these questions honestly.
Have you increased the efficiency of your soil to use nutrients?
Have you increased the useable profile of your soil?
Have you decreased the amount of disease showing up on crops?
Have you increased the effective rooting depth of the plants?
Have you developed ways to reduce chemical usage and costs?
Has the fertiliser usage on your farm become more efficient or do you just add more?
Has growing profitable crops got easier or harder?
Have you been losing the structure and life in your soil?
Has the moisture retention ability of your soil improved in summer?
Have your Spring soil temperatures risen?
If you get a no to any one of these questions then you are not truly improving the potential of your property to its highest ability. We can help. Contact us!
MicrolifeIdeal application for pasture crops and soil
Develops high yielding, healthier, more profitable soil Supports disease suppression in plants and soil Improves soil structure, temperature, and depth Creates better organic matter decomposition and nutrient recycling Optimises soil biological activity and balance A living soil inoculant taking soil and crop potential to new heights
Pasture GrowIdeal application for pastures, fodder crops
Outstanding enhancement of pasture, plant, and soil performance Release and produce more plant nutrients (NPKS) Improved pasture quality and clover production Creates deeper, darker, warmer, biologically superior soil Compounding results are outstanding
Pasture PlusFor pasture, Hay and Silage, cereal crops
A superior alternative to nitrogen fertiliser Sensational trial and field performance compared to N fertilisers Improved pasture quality and clover production Supports the development of deeper, warmer, biologically active soil
TerrazoneIdeal for crop and pastures, minimum tillage
Maximises thatch and stubble breakdown Increases yields, nutrient cycling, root establishment Creates deeper, warmer, more productive soils